Food for Thoughts

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it.

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you to everywhere.

When the impossibility has been eliminated, whatever improbable remains... is possible.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you were also meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought.

Lười biếng, hời hợt và dễ dãi là ba thứ giết chết tài năng.

Dec 28, 2008

Disney The Great Mouse Detective (1986)




Phim này là lấy cảm hứng từ Sherlock Holmes của Sir Arthur Conan Doyle với thám tử chuột Basil và bạn đồng hành chuột Doctor Dawson. Hang của Basil ở ngay dưới nhà của Sherlock Holmes mới ghê!

Nhớ lại hồi còn bé tí coi phim này với cái tựa là "Thám tử chuột tài ba" bằng băng video (bây giờ đã mốc meo hết cả!) mình đã mê con chuột thám tử Basil này mà bây giờ lớn rồi mình coi lại phải nhận xét là "một con chuột điên". Chuột Dr. Dawson làm mình nhớ nhất cái lúc tìm thấy bé chuột Olivia trong một cái hốc ngồi nấc từng tiếng vì cha mình là chuột Hiram Flaversham (một thợ làm đồ chơi rất nhà nghề đã làm cho Olivia một con rôbốt chuột nhỏ biết dance dịp sinh nhật) bị con chuột Professor Ratigan bắt cóc (Ratigan rất ghét bị gọi là "chuột" dù hắn ta là một con chuột cống cỡ king-size và các hoạ sĩ vẽ hắn với 5 ngón tay thay vì 4 ngón cho những con chuột khác). Olivia hỏi xem Dr. Dawson có biết thám tử Basil ở phố Baker không. Dr. Dawson ban đầu ái ngại, thấy Olivia tội quá lại bung dù dẫn cô bé chuột đi về nhà của Basil trong buổi tối London mưa rỉ rả... Olivia dễ thương quá! (entry photo đó!) Iu ghia! Có đứa em gái nhỏ giống Olivia (thích tên Olivia Flaversham!), dễ thương, láu lỉnh, giọng nói đó, chắc mình iu lắm! Hehe!

Sau đây là mấy câu thoại đáng nhớ của các nhân vật trong phim. Hài kinh khủng. (Fidget là con dơi đi chân giả cánh rách te tua là Chí Phèo của con CHUỘT Prof. Ratigan. The Mouse Queen là nữ hoàng của mousedom, tương đương Nữ hoàng nước Anh!)
--------
Basil: There's always a chance, Doctor, as long as one can think.

_____


Basil: Don't worry, old fellow. It's not *entirely* hopeless.

_____


Fidget: Here you are, sweetheart.
The Mouse Queen: Have you... been with us... long?

_____


Olivia Flaversham: Now will you please listen to me? My daddy's gone, and I'm all alone.
Basil: Young lady, this is a most inopportune time.
[Resumes playing violin]
Basil: Surely your mother knows where he is.
Olivia Flaversham: I... I don't have a mother.
Basil: [Stops playing with a screech] Well, um... then perhaps... See here! I simply have no time for lost fathers.
Olivia Flaversham: I didn't lose him. He was taken by a bat.
Basil: Did you say... bat?
Olivia Flaversham: Yes.
Basil: Did he have a crippled wing?
Olivia Flaversham: I don't know, but he had a peg leg.
Basil: Ha!
Dr. Dawson: I say, do you know him?
Basil: Know him? That bat, one Fidget by name, is in the employ of the very fiend that was the target of my experiment! The horror of my every waking moment. The nefarious Professor Ratigan!
Dr. Dawson: Ratigan?
Basil: He's a genius, Dawson. A genius twisted for evil. The Napoleon of crime!
Dr. Dawson: As bad as all that, eh?
Basil: Worse! For years I've tried to capture him, and I've come close, so very close, but each time he's narrowly evaded my grasp! Not a corner of London is safe while Ratigan is at large. There's no evil scheme he wouldn't concoct. No depravity he wouldn't commit. Who knows what dastardly scheme that villian may be plotting even as we speak.

_____


Dr. Dawson: How the deuce did you know I was a doctor?
Basil: A surgeon to be exact. Just returned from military duty in Afghanistan. Am I right?
Dr. Dawson: Why, ha, ha, yes. Major David Q. Dawson. But how could you possibly...?
Basil: Quite simple, really. You've sewn your torn cuff together with a Lambert stich, which, of course, only a surgeon uses. And the thread is a unique form of cat-gut, easily distinguished by its peculiar pungency, found only in the Afghan provinces.
Dr. Dawson: Amazing!
Basil: Actually, it's elementary, my dear Dawson.
_____


Olivia Flaversham: You know, Daddy, this is my very best birthday!
Hiram Flaversham: Ah, but I haven't given you your present yet.

______


Dr. Dawson: Scoundrel's quite gone.
Basil: But not for long, Miss Flamhammer!
Olivia Flaversham: Flaversham!
Basil: Whatever.

Basil: Miss Flamchester!
Olivia Flaversham, Dr. Dawson: Flaversham!
Basil: Whatever.

Olivia Flaversham: Goodbye, Basil.
[sniffles]
Olivia Flaversham: I... I'll never forget you.
Basil: Nor I you, Miss... Miss Flangerhanger.
Dr. Dawson: [chuckles] Whatever.
____


Ratigan: Now, you will remember to smile for the camera, won't you? Say "Cheese".


_____


Dr. Dawson: You're... despicable!
Ratigan: Hehe... Yes.
_____


[Fidget gets tired of pedaling Ratigan's airship]
Fidget: [gesturing at Olivia] We have to lighten the load.
Ratigan: Oh, you want to lighten the load? Excellent idea.
[grabs Fidget and throws him overboard]
Fidget: No! Not me! Wait, I can't fly! I can't fly!

_____


Dr. Dawson: Dash it all, Basil! The Queen's in danger, Olivia's counting on us, we're about to be horribly "splatted" and all you can do is lie there feeling sorry for yourself. Well, I know you can save us, but if you've given up then why don't we just set it off now and be done with it?
Basil: [feebly] He he. "Set it off now." Set if off... now?
[triumphantly]
Basil: Ha ha! Yes! We'll set the trap off now!

_____


Ratigan: Oh, my dear Bartholomew. I'm afraid that you've gone and upset me. You know what happens when someone upsets me.

_____

[Ratigan has ridiculed Basil]
Dr. Dawson: You fiend!
Ratigan: Sorry, chubby. You should have chosen your friends more carefully.

_____


Basil: Aha, Dawson! We've found it at last. Ratigan's secret lair. And it's filthier than I imagined.

_____



Basil: Ratigan, no one can have a higher opinion of you than I have, and I think you're a slimy, contemptible sewer rat!


1 comments:

Teresa Katherine said...

Minh` thich' phim nay` nhat' do' ^_^

Post a Comment